Let’s face it, the holidays are a busy time of year—in fact, most days of the year are busy. Squeezing in one more thing seems practically impossible. So, I created a list of ten things you could do in ten minutes to feel more accomplished, organized and at peace:
- 10 minutes of exercise. Recent studies show that 10 minutes of exercise can be beneficial. So, if you didn’t get to the gym to work out for an hour, squeeze in 10 minutes at the office, in the kitchen, or wherever you can!
- 10 minutes of meditation. All it takes is 10 minutes to sit quietly, focus on your breath and let go. Observe your thoughts, but don’t engage. Let them run through your mind like they’re a movie. Just 10 minutes of meditation can make it possible to get through your list with a lot more composure.
- Clean out your inbox. Choose one word or person to search, find those emails and take 10 minutes to decide whether you really need to keep them, or whether the magic delete button will do just fine.
- Send an email to someone you haven’t heard from in a while. It doesn’t have to be long. Just a few words of encouragement or holiday cheer.
- Call your mother. Or another person of your choosing. If you usually call and engage in long conversations, then a short “just wanted to say hi and that I love you” will be an unexpected treat. And if you dread long conversations, starting with “I only have 10 minutes and wanted to check in” puts the limit out there at the beginning—so, there’s no need for drama once the time is up.
- Clean out a drawer. Just one! Is the drawer too full to accomplish this in 10 minutes? Choose 10 things in the drawer you can live without and throw them out!
- Watch a YouTube video. 10 minutes of cute cat videos or laughing babies can leave you smiling all day long.
- Have a cup of tea or coffee, and don’t do anything else. Just enjoy the moment and the beverage.
- Make a list—any kind of list. You’ll feel so organized!
- Add to your gratitude journal. Don’t have one? Good news. When you order your Gratitude soap, you’ll receive a free gratitude journal!
How about you? What are some of your favorite 10-minute activities? Leave a comment below!